Cliff's Notes

The Business of Dentistry

The Other Side of Dental Practice Management

Cliff’s Notes For September 15, 2008 …..E-Blast…..
Cliff Marsh, Henry Schein ……
Cell: 201-321-7494……Fax: 201-262-2210…..
cliff.marsh@henryschein.com

The Other Side Of Practice Management………….

We need to stop looking at a dental practice as being two dimensional and start seeing it as a multi-dimensional object, it has many sides. Have you ever tried to count the number of practice management groups that are telling you how they could re-engineer your practice? Well, most of them see it as two dimensional. They address patient management and staff interaction/productivity. However, who helps you with correcting work flow, employees, advertising, marketing, accounting, etc? A dental practice is a very unique business. Many things need to be customized and cookie cutter solutions do not always work. I have walked into so many offices that the staff is running over each other going in and out of sterilization areas with processed pouches out on the counter. By reorganizing or changing your sterilization center, you could seat at least one additional patient per work day. If you work four days per week and your chair time is $350.00/hour, well, do the math. I said it in last weeks e-blast, ROI (Return On Investment). Bookkeeping is probably one of the most over looked sides. Most dental offices do not follow good business standards. We all keep good records and provide the proper information to our tax advisers, but how many of us have had our accountants come into the office and review our bookkeeping policies and procedures. You are not a general consumer, you are a business that buys and sells goods and services. Your “cash management” is just as important as patient management. Once again, use professionals. You are a doctor and the chances are you did not study finance or accounting. Embezzlement is a nasty word, but it is the real world. 20% of the dental office in the United States have reported it. As of the other 80%, maybe they didn’t have a problem or maybe they weren’t looking. Checks & balances are good things. Ask a professional and if you do not know one, get a recommendation. As always, I am always available if you should have any questions or concerns. Cliff’s Notes is a client exclusive service. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails please reply to cliff.marsh@henryschein.com ” hspace=”0″ align=”left” />

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Henry Schein is not liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.

Advertisements

October 16, 2009 - Posted by | 1

1 Comment »

  1. its true that dental is not only single direction business.It has many of other way which associated towards it.Dental accounting is one of the thing from it.

    Comment by stenlysimpson | October 28, 2009 | Reply


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: